For the Love of Learning
We aim to inspire a love of learning within our centre and our community
At Pebbles Preschool we believe:
- That children are our primary focus, that each child is unique and that every child will achieve success every day
- In developing quality and respectful, reciprocal, relationships with tamariki, their whānau and our special Sumner community.
- That our physical environment is important and should be attractive, interesting, stimulating and enjoyable.
- In an “open door policy” where parents and whanau will be welcome at any time and mutual respect and communication will be encouraged at all times
- Ongoing staff professional development and support is essential for teachers to grow both personally and professionally
At Pebbles Preschool we respect:
- All children’s values and beliefs, we celebrate their uniqueness and view their development holistically.
- Our resources and our environment, both inside and outside as well as showing respect for each other
- New Zealand has a unique bi-cultural heritage, which will be reflected in our learning environment
- Families/whānau from all backgrounds and cultures will be welcomed and they will be encouraged to participate and contribute to their child’s learning journey.
- At Pebbles Preschool we honour Te Whariki Early Childhood Curriculum as our guiding document and work towards meeting the aspirations of this curriculum